News & Events
Spring Cleaning Before a Move
- February 27, 2018
- Posted by: Seattle Movers
- Category: Main Blog
Are you planning on moving sometime this year? Getting things organized will help you immensely when it comes to packing and moving your belongings. Spring is a typical time for cleaning and organizing, make it a priority for you this year! Here are some tips for getting organized before a move.
- Go Room by Room: Trying to get everything done in one day will be frustrating and exhausting. Make it easy to accomplish by setting smaller task and focusing on decluttering one room at a time.
- Keep, Toss, Sell or Donate: Sort through each item and decide if it’s something you find value in and need. If you don’t, examine the item to see if it would make sense to toss, sell or donate. Sell items that are in good shape and valuable. Toss anything that is unable to be used, broken or in bad shape. Donate things such as clothing items, old furniture or household goods.
- Pack any items you won’t be needing: While you are organizing, get a jump start on packing! Pack things you won’t be needing in the next few months, things like seasonal decor and other items you rarely use.
- Deep clean and refresh: Putting your home on the market? Spring cleaning is a great way to get your home sparkling and ready for showings. Dust, vacuum, and clean surfaces you don’t get to often in addition to the basic cleaning tasks you do routinely. Add some fresh elements like a new doormat, flowers, or some new towels in the bathrooms.
Make time to spring clean your home this year and get yourself ready for a move!